1) Pour a small amount of kernels into the maker, ensuring they reach up to the same level as the raised circle in the centre (approx 30g). Do not under-fill as this may cause the popcorn to burn.
2) Fold both lid flaps down as shown, making sure they overlap.
3) Place maker in the centre of the microwave oven and cook on full power. Cooking times will vary between 1½ – 5 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. The lid flaps will open during cooking.
4) Watch carefully and stop the microwave when the lid flaps have opened and the popped corn has reached the top of the maker. If the product starts to smoke or a burning smell occurs, stop cooking immediately.
5) Allow to stand for 1 minute then carefully remove product from microwave. Place on a heat-resistant surface and allow to cool until safe to handle – take care as base may still be hot.
6) Add any flavourings and enjoy.